Top Programming languages in 2021
We are living in a virtual world where new technologies and programming languages developed every day, in such a huge crowd it becomes very difficult to find the perfect technology to learn and get the best out of it.
Every programming language has some pros and cons. In this blog, you will get the right path to find the perfect programming language to learn this year.
So, let’s get started.
The top programming languages in 2021 are:-
- Kotlin (instead of Java)
Now, let’s discuss the pros, cons, and uses of these languages.
Dart is the fastest-growing programming language, made by Google in Oct 10,2011.
It’s a client-optimized programming language for apps on multiple platforms. It is used to build mobile, desktop, server, and web applications.
Pros & Uses
- Can make IOS and android app with the same code with Flutter.
- It’s a very easy, fast and a new language.
- Need very less code to make anything.
- Best for beginners due to easy syntax and simple deployment.
- It’s trusted because it’s made by Google.
- Fastest Growing programming language (As Per Github Survey)
- Will be the top programming language in the future (~2022)
- Heavy codes.e.g.-An Android & IOS app made with the Dart is of minimum size ~4MB and 10MB respectively.
Pros & Uses
- We can also make Android IOS Windows macOS apps by using some Framework like React
- Also, NodeJS is used in IoT/ML these days RaspberryPI+NodeJS is becoming a good combination to make IoT projects these days.
- NodeJS is also used to make Bots, API, Extensions/Add-Ons, etc.
- some beginners find it difficult to learn JS, So it’s the right language for beginners.
- There are a lot of libraries and frameworks, and new technologies arrive every day, so you must keep upgrading and keep learning.
Kotlin (instead of Java)
It’s developed by Jetbrains in 22 July 2011.
Pros & uses
- Used to make Android Apps, embedded systems, macOS (and iOS is coming soon).
- It’s easier and faster than Java.
- It allows you to focus on expressing your ideas and write less boilerplate code.
- Android apps that use Kotlin are 20% less likely to crash.
- Kotlin is 100% interoperable with the Java programming language.
- network calls and database updates simple and performant.
- As Kotlin is new so it’s less used in big/old companies.
- Its jobs are less than Java at present.
C++ was developed by Bjarne Stroustrup at Bell Labs in 1979. It’s a very popular language with a wide variety of uses.
Pros & Uses
- A lot of jobs are available in C++.
- Used to make web applications, Games, Graphics & GUI based applications(e.g.-Adobe), Banking, Cloud, app development.
- It is compiled, general-purpose, statically typed, case sensitive, and free-form programming language. It supports procedural, object-oriented, and generic programming. It is having a rich standard library with a rich set of functions manipulating files and methods manipulating data structures etc.
- Absence of Garbage collector
- Security Issues and built-in treads
Python is an interpreted, high-level, and general-purpose programming language. Created by Guido van Rossum and first released in 1991.
Pros & Uses
- It’s easy, fast, and less coding required.
- Perfect for Beginners due to very simple syntax.
- Used in Web Development, Game Development, Scientific and Numeric Applications, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Software Development, etc.
- Most widely used for ML/AI/IoT/IORT.
- Its extensible and various varieties of libraries are available to improve its quality performance which makes it less codii.
- Improve productivity & Readable
- less useful on the client-side coding.
- Python is dynamically-typed. This means that you don’t need to declare the type of variable while writing the code. It uses duck-typing. It can cause Run time errors.
Rust is a multi-paradigm programming language focused on performance and safety, especially safe concurrency. Rust is syntactically similar to C++, but can guarantee memory safety by using a borrow checker to validate references.
Designed by Graydon Hoare on July 7, 2010.
- Used in making game engines, operating systems, file systems, browser components, and simulation engines for virtual reality.
- Rust is fast and memory-efficient due to no runtime or garbage collector.
- It provides an integrated package manager and builds tools, smart multi-editor support with auto-completion and type inspections, an auto-formatter, etc.
- Unlike other “safe” programming languages, Rust does not use garbage collection.
C# is widely used for developing desktop applications, web applications, and web services. But C++ code is much faster than C# code which makes it less useful.
But C# is mainly used in Game Development with Unity. So, if you want to be a Game Developer then # is the perfect language for you.
The best programming language depends on “Your practice on the language” and “your interest in many fields”.