Web Developer VS App Developer
Actually, the best choice is “Be both app & web developer with 1 language and have some basic frontend web development knowledge”, we will discuss it in the last.
Before discussing web vs app developer, let’s have a look at the data and information
2.Numbers of website/apps
1.Salary at freelancing sites:
- Payscale.com: the average salary for a mobile application developer as $71,072 per year vs. $53,036 for a web developer
- On other famous freelancing sites like Upwork, Freelance, Glassdoors the average salary of an app developer is ~$70,000 and a web developer is ~$50,000 per project.
2.The numbers of websites and apps in the world:
- There are +2 billion websites present now on the internet, But less than 400 million are active.
- There are +1.8 million IOS apps available on Apple App Store
- There are +2.7 million Android apps on Google Play Store.
App Developers commonly use anyone these languages:
Web Developers commonly use :
- NodeJS(JS for backend)
- Number web developer is mote then app developer
- Web development takes less time to be developed most of the time.
- Web Developer is considered to be easier then app development
- It’s easier and has more opportunities as a beginner in the field of programming.
- Web developers have less salary (~30%) than app developers per project.
- more competition and SEO knowledge required for Web Development.
- Automatic website makers are eating up the jobs of web developers. e.g.-WordPress, Wix website makers, etc.
- Have a high salary per project.
- They are keep learning type peoples, u can take it as pros or cons.
- Most of the app developers have knowledge of web development, for an app developer, it’s easy to learn web development.
- neet more knowledge and effort to make apps
- The salary of an app developer is overall 30% more than a web developer per project.
- a little less competition than web developers, due to the lower number of app developers.
Be both Web and App developer
We can actually make both the website and app with a little bit more effort with just 1 programming language.
(Note: Yes we will definitely need HTML+CSS for web development)
Ways to make both website and app:-
One of those is React Native, It can be used to make both Android and IOS apps with just one code, also ReactJS which is similar to React Native can be used to make a Website with more security and low codes.
Way 2: Flutter/Dart
Dart is an awesome language made by google which can be used to make both Android and IOS apps with the same code, also we can make the backend of the website with it.
Way 3: Website and app builders
If u are lazy to learn programming languages then you can learn any website builder like WordPress, Wix, etc. && App Builder like google App Maker, to make app and website without coding.
- You can double up your abilities and take up bigger projects.
- Chances of jobs for you rises 2X times.
- Become more efficient, fast, and productive for 1 project
- If you have any idea/Project which needs both app and web knowledge then you can start it alone in beginning.
- You got more work so need to work hard
- More code means more bugs and more problems
But, with more problems more success comes, so I suggest you to learn both Web and App Developer If you are ready for it.